Starting a new business is an exciting and stressful period in anyone’s life. The systems, the processes, the people- everything is new, and getting it all to work together can be really a nerve-wracking experience. Further, a startup always has limited resources hence they cannot afford any downtime, time and cost associated with repairs and resuming of services or a dent to their brand name right at the start of their business. This adds up to the pressures of an entrepreneur. However, there is a brighter side to setting up something new. We can get things right from the beginning, and not have to deal with baggage of past mistakes. And it is all the more so in the case of securing the IT and information assets of the business.
The most fundamental area to address in the realm of security is Endpoint Security. Getting Endpoint Security right from the beginning will pre-empt many future security nightmares. Let’s look at it in a bit more detail.
Introducing EndPoint Security
In the realm of network security, an endpoint is any device used to access the corporate network and the Internet. It could be a laptop, mobile, tablet or an external drive built on any platform – Windows, Linux, Mac or Android. Endpoints represent a vulnerability in the corporate network because they are the point of ingress for malware and infections.
Endpoint security removes or reduces the vulnerability by making these endpoint devices secure. It continuously blocks known threats and scans for unknown ones via a software, which comprises of two parts- one at the device end, known as the client, and other at the corporate server side. The server side authorizes logins, and manages the endpoints.
Understanding Seqrite EPS
Seqrite EndPoint Security (EPS) is a comprehensive solution that protects an enterprise’s network, secures its data, and provides asset management and other features. It is a simple platform which integrates innovative technologies like Anti Ransomware, Advance DNA Scan, Behavioural Detection System and a wide range of advanced features to protect the network from advanced threats. While setting up the IT infrastructure of a new business, all the corporate assets as well as employee-owned BYOD devices can be can be protected tightly, if we integrate Seqrite EPS right from the beginning.
Features of Seqrite EPS
The Seqrite EPS provides several basic and advanced security features that ensure protection of company’s assets and networks by securing all end points. Some of them include:
- Policy configuration in multiple OS environments
- Website filtering and blocking based on URL or user profile
- Ransomware protection through Seqrite’s behaviour-based anomaly detection technology
- Firewall protection, website and email phishing protection are all offered as a feature-set of the product
- Intrusion detection and protection services(IDS/IPS) comes as a standard feature of Seqrite EPS
- Preconfigured SMS and Email notifications based on network events
- Application management with authorizations managed from centralized console
- Group based policy control
Read more: Why choose Seqrite EPS against ransomware?
What are the key benefits of using Seqrite EPS?
Seqrite EPS scores highly against its competitors in the end point security space. A few benefits that it offers include:
- It is a unified solution for Endpoint and data protection.
- It is cross-platform, working across windows, Mac and Linux based endpoints.
- It provides a simplified and centralized method to install and update security patches on the endpoints, so that known vulnerabilities can be blocked promptly.
- It offers continuous protection against phishing attacks, malicious websites, and so on.
- Seqrite EPS features advanced protection through firewall, Intrusion Detection System, and anti-virus.
- It takes care of the enterprise’s compliance needs through enhanced security and control features.
- Seqrite EPS offers proactive remote scanning of the endpoint, to look for unknown vulnerabilities.
- It offers a single-pane-of-glass unified interface to view all the enterprise’s endpoints, and thereby offer uniform regulation across assets.
- The system provides cloud-based access to the control dashboard to roll out and enforce policies, and ensure compliance.
Endpoint security solutions are an essential part of securing a company’s network and assets, and a successful implementation must involve selection and installation of a sophisticated product that handles all threats effectively. Having the right security solution, like Seqrite EPS, at the start of your business means worrying less about disrupted services, compromised network or devices and loss of data. It also ensures less chances of a financial or brand loss. You can focus all your energies on doing what you should be doing as an entrepreneur – expanding your business!