Seqrite has launched Seqrite Endpoint Security (EPS) 7.2, a comprehensive solution securing endpoints and data that encompasses more competitive features with enhanced protection and powerful performance. Seqrite EPS 7.2 incorporates a host of new and improved features that provides SMEs with advanced, uninterrupted protection against malicious threats, leakage of confidential data, unforeseen vulnerabilities and more. With these new features, businesses can focus on boosting their impact and serving their customers without having to worry about the security of their networks.
This new release provides businesses with an all-in-one robust security solution which strengthens the security for endpoints with new features ranging from improved patch management, web security, email protection, ransomware protections, and more.
Seqrite EPS 7.2 simplifies overall security and threat mitigation measures for SMEs with the following new features:
- Improved Patch Management:
- Support for Non Microsoft Applications: This feature has been enhanced to support patching of non-Microsoft applications such as Adobe Reader, Acrobat, Flash Player, VLC, Java, Putty, Notepad++, 7-Zip, Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Offline Patch Management: Seqrite EPS 7.2 also supports Offline Patch Management which helps administrators to create offline patch files which can be carried to remote offices/locations through USB Disks/CDs/DVDs. These offline files can be imported into Local EPS Server to patch endpoints even if EPS Server does not have connectivity to Internet/Central EPS Server.
- Scheduled Internet Access: With this feature administrators can schedule/restrict Internet access at all times or on specific time slot for users within an organization. It also includes a provision to exclude certain internal URLs/ official websites which are required for daily operations.
- Improved Email Protection with Attachment Control: Email protection is enhanced to scan incoming messages over SSL/TLS protocol. The Attachment Control feature blocks attachments having multiple extensions (ex- .doc.exe) which can be a security threat. Users can block all or particular types of attachments.
- Improved Ransomware Protection: With Seqrite EPS 7.2, administrators have the flexibility to enable/disable data backup taken on specific endpoints through the console. This feature also provides email and SMS notifications to administrators in case of a ransomware attack.
- Improved DLP: This feature is enhanced to track sender and receiver information of the user who has breached the policy or is trying to transfer confidential data through email. DLP will detect Aadhaar number, , Passport and Vehicle Registration Number of India as confidential data.
- Improved Reporting: Administrators can fetch user-wise reports to identify specific end-user who has violated the policy or continuously violating the policy.
Seqrite EPS 7.2 is one of the most integrated security solutions thus far as it offers comprehensive products and solutions necessary to address today’s threat scenario. It delivers the level of security, essential for the IT infrastructure, data and communications that can work for organisations of all sizes.
Some of the other existing features of Seqrite EPS include IDS/IPS protection, Application control, Vulnerability scan, Asset management, Advanced Device Control, Data Loss Prevention etc.