Microsoft has recently released a new update for Windows 10 PCs, called Windows 10 November 2019 Update also known as Version 1909 and codenamed “19H2”.
In this article, some of the highlights of this update are listed and how Seqrite Endpoint Security is compatible with this update is briefed.
Highlights of Windows 10 November 2019 Update
- Enhanced Microsoft Edge web browser experience.
- Introduction of a new button “Manage notifications” to the top of Action Center that launches the main “Notifications & actions” Settings page. The new “Reserved Storage” feature through which, some disk space will be reserved to be used for updates, apps, temporary files, and system caches, to ensure that critical OS functions always have access to disk space.
- Notifications settings under Settings > System > Notifications will now default to sorting senders of notification by most recently shown notification, rather than senders’ names. This makes it easier to find and configure frequent and recent senders. A new setting is also available to turn off notification alert tune.
- The navigation pane on the Start menu now expands when you hover over it, to let you know where the click action may lead you.
- Options to configure and turn off notifications from an app/website are also shown right on the notification, both as a banner and in Action Center.
- Added the ability for Narrator and other assistive technologies to read and learn where the Fn (function) key is located on the keyboard and what its current status is, locked or unlocked.
- Updated the search box in File Explorer powered by Windows Search. This change will help integrate OneDrive content online with the traditional indexed results.
- Enabled the ability for enterprises to supplement Windows 10 in Secure Mode policy to allow traditional Win32 (desktop) apps from Microsoft Intune.
- Enabled Windows Defender Credential Guard for ARM64 devices, for additional protection against credential theft for enterprises deploying ARM64 devices in the organizations.
Supported Seqrite Endpoint Security Version Details:
- For Existing Users
Users of Seqrite Endpoint Security 7.2 or later MUST take the latest updates on Windows 10 19H1[Version 1903] first and only then update to Windows 10 19H2 [Version 1909].
As Windows 10 19H2 [Version 1909] is an update package and should be installed on top of Windows 10 19H1 [Version 1903].
Recommendation – After receiving the latest Seqrite Definition Updates, restart your PC. Then update to Windows 10 19H2 [Version 1909].
- For New Users
Fresh Install – Fresh installation of Seqrite Endpoint Security 7.2 and later versions support this update for Windows 10 [Version 1909].
How to apply the latest Seqrite update?
To apply the latest Seqrite update automatically, enable Automatic Update for EPS client under Policy Settings.
How to know if the Seqrite update has been successfully applied and is compatible with Windows 10 Nov 2019 Update?
If your Seqrite Endpoint Security Client’s Virus Database Date is the latest, it means it is compatible with the mentioned update.
If you have any queries about the Windows 10 Nov 2019 Update and your Seqrite Product, please call us on 1800-121-7377 or drop us a line in the comment sections below.