The term endpoint security refers to protecting endpoints such as desktops and laptops connected to the enterprise network. Endpoint security happens to be the front line in the battle against cyber-attacks because every device that connects to a corporate network could provide an entry point for threats and malware. It is therefore of great importance for every organization to have an effective endpoint security in place. Here are some features that should be considered while choosing the right endpoint protection.
Simply put this means a seamless endpoint security that provides complete visibility and threat protection across the organization. To proactively monitor and mitigate risks of the organization and take prompt action where necessitated, companies need to have a single window view of the endpoint security data. It is of utmost importance to ensure that the latest antivirus software and all relevant security patches are updated on every endpoint connected to the corporate network. For this, they need to have the right tool in place to make those confident decisions on a daily basis thereby saving significant time and effort.
Seqrite Endpoint Security offers a comprehensive solution towards unceasing security with its ability to:
- Remotely deploy Antivirus software on all computers in the corporate network with an automatic update when the server copy gets updated.
- Provide web-based graphical console that displays the status of the health of endpoints. It also highlights critical security situations that need immediate attention like virus infection, vulnerabilities detected, patches deployed status, etc.
The WannaCry outbreak proved that ransomware continues to get craftier than ever before and uses automation to attack. The repercussions of such an attack could be financial and operational losses.. The new breeds of ransomware, attack the network in phases without a need for user action to activate it. This makes it imperative to have real-time protection against such attacks in place.
Seqrite EPS is the best choice for ransomware protection due to its superior protection:
- It uses behavior-based detection technology to detect and block a ransomware threat.
- It backs up your data to a secured location to help you recover files in case of a ransomware attack.
Application & Asset Management
IT asset management is another crucial factor in an effective endpoint security tool. The tool should be able to provide status on the security of network devices, operating systems, service patches and applications across the organization and also raise appropriate alarms. Application control thwarts the execution of unapproved applications on endpoints. It further restricts the employees from downloading unapproved/unsafe applications on cell phones or laptops, which could result in network vulnerabilities and lead to unauthorized access.
The Seqrite EPS gives a comprehensive view of every connected endpoint for better and uniform asset control. It provides the ability for administrators to create policies to restrict application access along with:
- The ability to monitor and report the health of endpoints, enforce policies and raise alarms for critical security situations.
- Highlight number of unprotected endpoints or failed installations.
- Allow authorization for various applications installed on the endpoint to access the corporate network and its various assets.
With network security being an integral part of the organization, addressing this aspect is crucial. The basic elements linked with network security include intrusion prevention and detection system, and firewall. Basically, it all comes down to fortifying the network to facilitate secure sharing of services and data across the physical network and online domains.
Seqrite EPS offers a multi-layered approach to network security by providing the below features:
- Detects malicious network activities which exploit application vulnerabilities and prevents intruder attempts.
- Rule-based monitoring of all inbound and outbound network traffic.
- Alerts about port scanning and DDOS attack.
In a nutshell, the extensive malware attacks and vulnerability exploits of today necessitate every organization to install a strong endpoint security which encompasses all of the above features and more. Seqrite EPS, as a very dependable security solution, can efficiently handle all these security requirements before an endpoint is compromised.
As an IT security partner for your business, Seqrite provides comprehensive security from advanced cyber threats. To know more