Apple has come up with a new OS called Big Sur 11 which has been released on 12 November 2020. This post lists some of the highlights of this OS and compatibility with Seqrite Endpoint Security Cloud 1.4.
1. Biggest Design Upgrade Since the Introduction of Mac OS X
2. A Faster, More Personal, Privacy-First Safari Experience
3. Powerful and Expressive Messaging
4. Enhancements to maps and privacy
5. Deprecation of kernel extensions as part of the ongoing effort to modernize the platform, improve security and reliability, and enable more user-friendly distribution methods
More details on the new features of macOS Big Sur 11 can be viewed at https://www.apple.com/macos/big-sur-preview/features/
Seqrite Endpoint Security Cloud 1.4 compatibility with Apple macOS Big Sur 11
For Existing Users
STEP 1: To make Seqrite Endpoint Security Cloud 1.4 Mac client compatible with Big Sur, you must remove currently installed Seqrite Endpoint Security Cloud 1.4 Mac client, then do the following steps:
- Log on to Seqrite Endpoint Security Cloud.
- On the Status page, select the Mac clients.
- The client action bar is enabled above the table. In the Client Actions list, select Remote Uninstall.
- In the ‘Please Select drop-down’, select Start.
- Click Submit.
STEP 2: Download the latest Seqrite Endpoint Security Cloud 1.4 Client AV build from the website and follow the installation procedure mentioned under chapter 1 of the user manual located here.
For New Users
Get the latest Seqrite Endpoint Security Cloud 1.4 Client AV from the Website and follow the instructions for installation mentioned under chapter 1 of user manual located here.
Seqrite Endpoint Security Cloud 1.4 Client AV for macOS will start supporting Apple Big Sur 11 from 13 November 2020.