Nowadays, centralized manageability of assets is a very important factor in every organization — businesses should know which software has been getting installed on endpoints, what hardware is getting removed or replaced and when full access is being given to end-users. After gaining a clear perspective on the aforementioned enterprise aspects, stakeholders and IT Admins should collate this entire data on centralized systems.
Proper asset management can help optimize operations that include centralized manageability of assets, hardware/software changes, etc. ensuring major cost savings on maintenance of such assets.
Seqrite Assets feature fulfils all these requirements – with which enterprises can
- Keep a watch on the system, hardware and software information
- View the software/hardware changes, if any, that are made to the configuration of the systems in the network.
- Keep a tab on the list of the endpoints where the changes have been carried out and export this information to a .csv file.
- Get the summarized dashboard for operating systems with their versions
- Get the summarized dashboard of least and most installed applications’ status in the network.
- Easily manage defined groups or synced Active Directory groups to get the asset information for each of the endpoints.
- Receive required information like Endpoint Name, Group, Domain name, IP Address, Installed Operating System, System Manufacturer, Main Circuit Board, BIOS etc.
- Download the latest asset report anytime
- Know about the least and most used software helping in knowing which applications are used in network systems.
- Get the software versions easily as it is very important to keep endpoint systems’ software updated.
- Lower theft incidents due to active notifications for hardware changes that have happened inside the network
Seqrite EPS provides a Centralized Asset Dashboard for Hardware/Software changes along with many more details –
Snapshot of Seqrite EPS Dashboard for Assets –
It provides the below asset details –
|Hardware changes||Displays the number of hardware changes detected on SEPS 7.6 endpoints.|
|Displays the number of software changes detected on SEPS 7.6 endpoints. Clicking the count opens a window with details of software changes, i.e. software installed, uninstalled and updated.|
|Platforms||Displays the total number of endpoints installed on a platform — click the columns in the bar graph to display extended information related to a specific category. The endpoint IP address is displayed along with the platform on which it was installed.
This feature is applicable to all endpoints for Windows, Linux, and MAC operating systems.
|Displays the number of endpoints on which software have been installed. This display is also in the form of a bar graph which can be toggled to see the number of software least installed v/s the number of software most installed. Click the columns in the bar graph to display more information related to the category. The endpoint IP address is displayed along with the software name.|
Client Asset tab helps to get the complete asset details for network systems with Endpoint Name, Group, Domain name, IP Address, Installed Operating System, System Manufacturer, Main Circuit Board, BIOS etc.
You can select a specific system and get complete information about it.
In the Assets page, enter the endpoint name/IP in the search text box and click the Search icon. Select an endpoint from the displayed list and click ‘View Details’
You can enable configuration to display the Windows Product key checkbox to view the complete product key
The View Details screen appears with –
- The System Information tab displaying the system information in detail — OS Product key of the Windows OS appears according to the settings done at Admin Settings > Clients > Asset Management. The OS Product key is available only in the clients with Windows Vista and upwards operating systems.
- The Hardware Information tab displays the hardware information in detail.
- The Software Installed tab displays the details of software installed on the system. The MS Office Product key is available only for MS Office 2010 and above whereas the Product Key for MS Office is not available in the clients with macOS.
The following table mentions possible License status and their description for MS Office on Windows Endpoint
- Unlicensed – The product is not licensed.
- Licensed – The product is licensed.
- OOBGrace – The MS Office license is in the grace period.
- OOTGrace- The MS Office license requires reactivation.
- NonGenuineGrace – The MS Office license has failed online validation and is in the grace period.
- ExtendedGrace – The grace period for the MS Office license is extended.
- Notification The MS Office license is either out of the grace period or has failed validation.
Reports for Asset Management
This section helps in evaluating detailed information about enterprise assets by providing in-depth reports. of Assets & Endpoints that are downloadable in the .csv or .pdf format.
You can generate these reports for a particular –
- Category (software/hardware changes, etc.)
Reports are available in both, a bar and a chart format. These reports can be printed if required.
Notice the Screen Capture of the Reports section below followed by a sample of software changes report. Users can also enable notifications for events to get alerts in the inbox.
Software Changes of one system –
For more information visit – https://www.seqrite.com/seqrite-endpoint-security